Postponed: KAVANAH: Resolve to Learn All Ages Education Series Kick Off
September 10, 2017 - 9:45 am - 11:15 am
Congregation B’nai Israel
St. Petersburg, FL
Updated: Due to the uncertainty of Hurricane Irma, all special events have been postponed.
Resolve to Learn with KAVANAH an all ages learning experience. Learn with all your senses side by side at CBI.
The first of a yearlong educational series beginning on Sunday, September 10 at 9:45 AM.
Kavannah: Using the month of Elul to Prepare
Adults: Focus on Teshuvah, Tefillah Tzedaka: Using Reflection, Movement, and Music to get ready for the High Holy Days
- Set the tone with musical meditation
- Begin reflection with a wholistic study of Shalom through an online lecture from Rabbi Arielle Hanien, co-founder of Neshama Center: “Embodying Wholeness: Integration Through rituals. We’ll investigate our individual responses to our own rituals and look inside to prepare for Teshuvah, return to God, and try to get to a deeper level of personal connection with Teshuvah.
- Tefillah: Focus on the emotional attachment to the High Holiday liturgy through an investigation of the “Missinai Tunes” that are particular to the High Holidays, text study, and enjoy a musical interpretation by violinist Rebecca Zapen Douglass.
- Tzedaka: We’ll discuss righteous behavior as we study the biblical figure of Hannah, whose story we hear during the Haftarah reading on the first day of Rosh Hashanh , through “Hannah raises her voice,” part of the “Girls in Trouble” curriculum made possible by the covenant Foundation.
- Apples and honey tastings to follow.
Contact Maureen Sechan at the CBI office for details.
Add to iCal | Add to Google Calendar